I figured I dislike the days when I struggle to create new products. I’m still in a learning process, I’m gathering information, techniques and experience which I measure by the number of products I’m able to sew by the end of the day. I’m so focused on the number of products that I don’t really let myself be too creative.
So that’s why I loved this day, because it was a productive day! I started with sewing a zipper for a bed linen. Alexandra showed me how I had to do it, and I began the sewing process. After I finished the product, I had to put the brand name on it and that was something new for me. Then I helped Alexandra pack the products so they would be ready to be delivered.
After that we started to work on some pencil cases. The other day, when I was home, she created some cute pencil cases which I had to replicate. It was an easy task since the fabric was already cut and pinned. So I only had to sew some straight-lined stitches and, after that, to use a new kind of sewing machine: the triplock.
Overall I thought it was an easy job. I don’t know how I managed, but at one point I kind of broke the machine. To be precise, I curved the triplock’s needles. Alexandra told me it wasn’t really my fault, sometimes it just happens. She tried to fix the problem and change the needles, but it wasn’t a quick process. We had to work on other things before fixing the triplock.
That’s when I started to work with felt. I had to create some keychains, but I also had to come up with the design. I decided to create a star and the final result turned out nice.
After some hours of work I felt the need for a break, so I went to the balcony to recharge my batteries. It was the first time when I came to Molcush with a lunch box. In the morning I’ve cooked couscous with meatballs and prepared two lunch boxes (for myself and for my boyfriend – and I found that so-so sweat!).
Back to work I had to do some more keychains and this time I had to cut cloud models. It was really hard for me to do so because I’m not that good at circular cuts (I didn’t practice enough yet). Anyway, I managed to make a few deformed cloud keychains.
By the end of the day, after Alexandra finally fixed the triplock, I also sewed the pencil cases. And here they are:
Oh, what a productive day!